Friday 10 December 2010

Top Ten Albums of 2010

In my head I'd put The Unthanks' Here's The Tender Coming as my Album of the Year for 2009. Looking back, I'd actually put it third, with Fever Ray and The xx above it. I'd probably swap them around now with hindsight.

Overall though, I was much more convinced by my Top Ten for last year than I am by this year's, other than my Number One.


Other than my definitive number one, Agnes Obel, these albums could be in any order.

Anyway, here goes, in reverse:

10. Sleigh Bells - Treats
9. Teeth Of the Sea - Your Mercury
8. Smoke Fairies - Through Low Light and Trees
7. Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
5. Tracey Thorn - Love and its Opposite
4. Jane Weaver - The Fallen By Watchbird
3. Phosphorescent - Here's To Taking It Easy
2. Max Essa - Continental Drift

1. Agnes Obel - Philharmonics

As suggested by @futurebehaviour, here is a single Spotify playlist of my Top 10. Tracey Thorn's album isn't on Spotify for some reason, despite the fact that the singles drawn from it are, so I've included them instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment